Last updated: 1/27/17
The Talk About Derm content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Talk About Derm gives no warranty of any kind in relation to our Content and we disclaim all implied warranties, including, but not limited to, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, non-infringement, compatibility and accuracy.
Talk About Derm contains medical and pharmaceutical news, and data, supplied for general information purposes only. Talk About Derm is a website that is developed for healthcare professionals and the general public. The materials contained within this website do not constitute medical or pharmaceutical advice, which should be sought from qualified medical and pharmaceutical advisers. We do not answer any medical questions of any kind, in any format, nor any questions relating to medications.
We are not responsible for any mistakes or deficiencies on Talk About Derm. We cannot be held liable for any breakdowns or faults on our site.
We use Google and other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our web site. Please note that we do not endorse any of the products featured in these adverts. In no event shall the owners of Talk About Derm be responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in these advertisements or in the websites that these advertisements click through to.
Talk About Derm contains links and forms that link to external web sites. In no event shall Talk About Derm or it’s owners be responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in these web sites. These web sites are not monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of web sites linked to via forms and links in our site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked web site by us. If you decide to leave our web site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
The material displayed on Talk About Derm is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with Talk About Derm or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of Talk About Derm, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights of Talk About Derm content shall remain the property of Talk About Derm.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Talk About Derm in respect of all damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and litigation expenses, arising out of, or as a result of, any breach of this Agreement, or otherwise, in connection with your use of the Talk About Derm content.
Re-production of Content on Other Websites
Any Talk About Derm content placed on your website (Site) must be accredited to Talk About Derm, with links placed to the original article on Talk About Derm. You are permitted to display the following on your Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it:
- The headline of the article (but not in the title of the page).
- An active link to the full article on Talk About Derm (necessary if you place any part of the article, description or headline online).
- The first two paragraphs or the first half of the article if there are less than four paragraphs in total.
- An active link to any Talk About Derm page.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Use of our logo is not permitted.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by Talk About Derm of your Site, products, content or any views expressed within your Site.
Our Content may only be placed on Sites which:
- Do not promote, facilitate or encourage Illegal activities (and do not display actionable Content under UK or US law).
- Do not promote, facilitate or encourage Hatred of any form (including, but not limited to, Racism, Terrorism, Violence and Discrimination of any kind).
- Do not have misleading, pornographic or defamatory content.
- Do not display any material which is in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
Talk About Derm provides content at no charge and you may not charge users specifically for accessing Talk About Derm, nor attempt to sell our Content in any way.
Any person(s) depicted in the images used by Talk About Derm do not have the medical condition they are used to depict, they are used purely for illustrative purposes. Images are the copyright property of Talk About Derm or respective third party company.
You (the user) agree Talk About Derm and it’s owners cannot be held liable / accountable for any problems or loss arising from any widgets, gadgets, software, devices and any such application regardless of whether Talk About Derm has added input into such application.
Talk About Derm Comment/Discussion Area
This is pertaining to a comment box below each of the posts in the Talk About Derm blog area.
Further details regarding the comment area and your obligations when using it:
- The information provided by the comment area is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician.
- Readers should be aware that content posted on the comment area should not be regarded as advice given by medical practitioners, or professionals.
- We request that when you use the discussion to post medical information, you provide source information for the health/medical information when it is not personal experience, or general knowledge. Personal experience is defined as any symptom, test, treatment etc., that you or a close family member has undergone himself/herself. All statements about statistics, data, studies and new advancements in medicine should have trustworthy sources provided.
- We also request that you only post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.
- All reader comments are moderated in order to ensure that privacy is maintained, that spam and advertising links are not posted, and that personal information is not shared – especially personal information about health conditions and specific names of health professionals.
- Talk About Derm moderators also perform edits to submitted opinions in order to remove profanities, which may offend other readers.
- We do not allow personal attacks on others that have posted opinions and comments posted on the discussion area which contain inflammatory, derogatory or inappropriate content will be removed. If necessary, we will co-operate with appropriate authorities and provide the details used to connect to, and submit the comment(s) in question.
- By using the discussion area you agree:
- Not to promote, facilitate or encourage Illegal activities (and do not display actionable Content under UK or US law).
- Not to promote, facilitate or encourage Hatred of any form (including, but not limited to, Racism, Terrorism, Violence and Discrimination of any kind).
- Not to provide misleading, pornographic or defamatory content.
- Not to provide any material which is in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
- Not to personally attack another Talk About Derm reader.
- Not to post personal information that can be used to identify health professionals, or other Talk About Derm readers.
- All reader submitted opinions (once moderated), are publicly accessible and may be indexed and presented by search engines and other internet content discovery services outside of Talk About Derm.
- Talk About Derm readers, automated software and other individuals, organizations and/or platforms that post spam messages in volumes we feel are inappropriate will be banned from posting.